[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WisconsinFoosball.com • View topic - Green Bay League

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:00 am 

Week 8 Results have been posted, results are not yet current due to some makeup matches.

http://www.wifoos.com/leagues/greenbay/standings.php

The following matches from Week 8 need to be made up Week 9:

Amy/Donny vs Brett/Tony
Bob/Chad vs Jake/Kurt
Bob/Chad vs Charlie/Dan

The following teams owe an extra $10 dollars during Week 9:

Amy/Donny
Bob/Chad

Everyone remember, we are taking next week, the December 27th, off for the holidays. We will resume league play (Week 9) January 3rd.

Everyone have a great Christmas!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:48 pm 

Walter Sobchak drew a firearm during league play. This violates many of the leagues by-laws.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:22 pm 

The schedule looks like this for Week 9 - 01/03/08

Set 1:
Krys/Mary vs Amy/Donny
Bob/Chad vs Brett/Tony
Craig/Jay vs Charlie/Dan
Jake/Kurt vs Brandon/Jessica
Bryan/Chad BYE

Set 2:
Charlie/Dan vs Jake/Kurt
Krys/Mary vs Craig/Jay
Brett/Tony vs Brandon/Jessica
Amy/Donny vs Bryan/Chad
Bob/Chad BYE

The following matches need to be made up Week 9:
Bob/Chad vs Jake/Kurt
Bob/Chad vs Charlie/Dan
Amy/Donny vs Brett/Tony

The following teams will owe an extra $10 Week 9.
Bob/Chad
Amy/Donny

This is the final week of league play. If you or your partner will not be there, a substitute of equal/lesser skill will be assigned to you. If you choose to take a partner with a skill level higher than your original, handicaps will be effected per the League Admin's discretion.

We can't afford any matches going unplayed into next week, as we will be presenting trophies next week.

If a full team is not in attendance, they will be forfeited out... so try to at least get one player there.

Voting will also be done this week for Most Improved Player and Most Valuable Player.

See you all Thursday, have a safe NYE!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:59 am 

League play wrapped up last night, Week 9 results have been tabulated and the final standings are listed here:

http://www.wifoos.com/leagues/greenbay/standings.php

Congratulations goes out to Jay Teal and Craig Schneider for taking home gold!!!!

We also cast our votes last night for the Most Improved Player and Most Valuable Player, which will be announced next Thursday at our end of the league party.

I've had a great time throughout the league, and the A/B format combined with handicaps really made for some interesting matchups at times, and it kept things close throughout many of the rankings.

You all better make it next week, we've got some food and drink specials coming along with a big DYP and all of the league presentations.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:53 am 

I had a great time in the league as well. I think everything ran pretty smooth and everybody seemed to have fun which was the main goal, you won't get good at anything if you hate doing it. I had a couple come up to me and say that this was one of the best leagues they played in so we know how the format/layout of the league was pretty much head on. So I'm sure we'll have another one coming up probably for the Feb/March/April months but more to come on that...

As Brett said next Thursday (Jan 10th) we're having some food/drinks basically an end of league party for us put on by the bar. We will be in the party room there which is located in the front bar on the side(Sectioned off area). We will be handing out cash and prizes for those who won them.

Thanks everybody who played I had a blast!!!!!

--Bryan Louis

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:31 pm 

I thought it was a very fun time.
It was nice meeting everyone that played.
I'd do it again whenever it starts back up.

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:20 am 

League is officially done, below are the results for MVP, MIP

Most Valuable Player: Brett Nooyen

Most Improved Player: Chad Reinhard

Congrats you two.

Thank you for everybody who played, to those who helped me set up the draw I thank you. I never set a draw up with that many people. We had a great turnout, all our league players (except Amy Boehm she's out of the country) and some out of towners came.

Results

Bryan Louis / Brandon Siedl (Double Dip)
$50/$20 bar gift certificate

Teddy Krueger / Topher
$30/$20 bar gift certificate

Jake Reichart / Bill Lastname
$15/$20 bar gift certificate

Brandon, GREAT playing last night. Teddy/Topher great playing as well, we caught a couple breaks with some sloppy goals

We will run some DYP's for the month of January we'll probably start another league around February time.

THANK YOU!

-Bryan Louis

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:00 am 

It's pretty amazing to see how far those of you that started the league barely knowing anything about foos have come.

Coming from a goalie POV, all of you have excelled greatly in your game. Everyone learned such basic things as keeping slop out, clearing the ball, and an occasionally shot on goal - and it was remarkable to see it all in action last night.

My former partner blocked the living shit out of me, and as frustrating as it was at the time as I drove home I had a huge smile on my face knowing that what Bryan, Jay, myself and the rest of the "A" players up here are doing is actually working.

From the clinics at home to the fun matches at the bars, every little bit of table time has helped.

It may be true that foosball in this area has declined, but compare it to last league season, and even a year ago... I'd say the morale and overall fun factor of our leagues and draws has went up 100%. There were rarely any arguments, and everything ran smoothly.

I think the only hiccup with the league was the trophies not showing up last night, which is entirely out of our hands unfortunately.

Enough babbling, I'd simply like to thank those of you that gave the sport a try, succeeded at it, and hopefully continue playing it.

I know we'll be doing our best to continue to keep the GB foosball scene fun and friendly - always welcoming the new B player to our group.

Good times!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Moderators: bryanlouis, the bert Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4