It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:48 am 

Hi everyone!

You should see some new updates in the coming weeks to both the overall WIFOOS website, as well as the forum. It is no longer located at http://www.wifoos.com/forum/, it has moved to http://www.wifoos.com/board/

The reason for this is that our old board system was very flawed, and as a result we lost a TON of data (which is why the Foosball section never really held on to old results, posts, etc).

I'm hoping that by choosing this time of year (the down season) I can get the necessary updates all done so when the new foosball season hits we are ready to go.

I apologize again for all of the lost data, I know it will require some TD's to try to find their records of past tournaments, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

I've been working and re-working on a website redesign for a couple years, I just have not had the resources to finish it on my own time. That should be changing in the next couple weeks as I now have my home office up and running, and I really hope to get it launched before September.

If any of you run into problems getting into the forum again, please email me directly at brettnooyen@gmail.com and I will do my best to get you back in.

Again I'm sorry for any inconveniences.

-Brett

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:53 pm 

You need to upgrade you phpbb or fix the spam filters or this place will be overrun...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:59 pm 

This is the latest version, Ive been working on a good antispam solution all day, will continue tomorrow. They are much more persistent than in the past ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:11 am 

Best thing I found was to make every user register to post and to have them answer a question that only expected users would know. It stops random spammers completely. You would also lose a few "good" accounts that just happen to show up, but really if they need/want to post they could contact for the answer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:36 pm 

Thanks for all your hard work on the website, Brett!! :D It's appreciated!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 pm 

I thought that spam was exciting but majority rules I guess

Offline Profile