[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WisconsinFoosball.com • View topic - 2007 Fall Leagues

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2007 Fall Leagues
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:31 pm 

when are fall leagues starting up for milwaukee? I am interested in playing, and as of right now have no partner. Don't care who my partner is, as long as they don't bail on games.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:21 pm 

We are starting to work on leagues right now. My guess is we are looking at starting sometime at the end of September, beginning of October, but I'm not sure just yet. Anyone interested in leagues please post your name so I can get an idea of interest levels.

Oldman

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:11 am 

John and I are both interested in playing again.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:23 pm 

Heya

I spoke to my partner Tim VH (this is Bob Klovas). We are lookin for some fall league info too. I have no new children or any other excuses, so I will be available for just about every week!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:53 am 

still waiting to hear more info on the fall leagues, is there going to be one?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:32 pm 

Leagues are looking like they will happen but will be very different from years gone by. We are looking at doing a Friday night draw league where you come out on friday night and draw your partner and we keep track of place that you take. You would need to make so many weeks to be able to win the league and so on. The issues we have is finding a bar that can hold 2 to 3 tables in a more centrally located area, (Tosa or West Allis). This way everybody gets to hang out together and have different partners and such. Let me know your thoughts and ideas, especially concerning new places to play.

Oldmanicus Foostineaus

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:30 pm 

what was wrong with the way league has been run for the last couple years? I know that the Tuesday league would get all of us outsiders involved again. A Friday draw however, would probably not

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:46 pm 

I agree with BWB. I don't think I care about playing in a draw league.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:04 pm 

Unfortunately I don't think anything else is going to go down this year for leagues. Most of the "upper league" players have been playing at Jeffs house on a regular bases since leagues ended, and really enjoy having different partners every week.

The biggest reasons for the change are...
1. It really is fun having all the players at one location to hang out with.
2. It gives you the opportunity to play with different partners.
3. It gives less experienced players an opportunity to play with more experienced players and learn if they want to.
4. It will be handicapped in some sort of way so that if you draw Tony and someone else draws me that Tony's team will have an opportunity to win.
5. You will not have to make every week to be eligible to win leagues. (Just most of them).
6. People will get the opportunity to buy me a RedBull & Vodka on a regular basis.
7. You get to focus on playing the game in a situation very close to that of a tournament.

BWB and Hodge, we really hope we don't lose you over this. You are a lot of fun to play foos with, and it would be a shame not to have you in the league. Hopefully this helps explain the decision and convinces you that the league is worth giving a shot.

If anyone wants to continue the lower league like it was last year please call me or post and I can get you all the phone info and stuff you need to run the league as it was.

OldOldOldman

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:07 am 

Just an FYI that if you do the Friday night draw league, I may be interested. I don't work as many Saturdays as I used to and it would be much easier for me to attend as opposed to a Tuesday at Jeff's or a regular Thursday league.

Rich P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:53 am 

When you say it's a draw league, do we draw our partner and play the regular set of games from last year, or do we draw our partner and then play a tournament like the other draw nights we've had in the past? The latter is what I'm opposed to.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:37 pm 

Ouch, the latter. Sorry man. But just think you could get me as your partner, what a true thrill that would be for you. It would be as exciting as winning the lottery and getting to talk to Bob Hopes ghost on the same day.

We are playing tonight at Steve's, drop by and play a few games.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:24 pm 

What time are you guys planning to show up?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 pm 

The main thing that bugs me about this format is it's not going to help the inexperienced players increase their skills, as we will most likely never play on offense (or whatever position we normally don't play). The game format of years past is what I liked most about the league. It guaranteed a lot of practice every night in the areas we are weak with the 5 bar game, forward shootout / goalie wars, singles, and double reverse no-roto. Every night I had a minimum of 12 games to look forward to. If it's a draw that means I could make the drive out for league and only play 4 games if I'm eliminated first. League should cater to players of all levels to increase their skills, and I don't think the new format does this justice. But you are in charge and I completely respect that. I certainly don't have the time to run things, but I figured it doesn't hurt to speak up.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 am 

I guess I am pretty much in agreement with Hodge. I do not have time to run the league, but Friday + Family = no more foosball for me.

I liked Teusday because it didn't get in the way of my plans with the family as much. There is almost no chance of me getting out the door regularly on a Friday night.

I also very much liked the format of games. We may have been bad, but I had seen a huge improvement for myself and my partner. We actually had hope of someday not being 1's.

I guess it is what it is. I will check to see if there are any updates or changes in the future.

Happy Foosballing :)

(reffered to as Bom on the 2006 league sheets)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Moderators: bryanlouis, the bert Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next