It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:55 pm 

Street--Thanks, I hope I didn't make you too upset. I think I was just having a lucky night!

I had a great time during league; all of you guys are so nice and fun to be around! :D

Oh, and Bryan, thanks for the 2nd place trophies! You're so sweet switching the 2nd and 3rd place ones with us. :lol:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:24 am 

You asked for suggestions and I gave an you my suggestion.

You never answered the question. Why keep everything a secret? That was my suggestion not to. After a couple of posts, you put everything out in the open. By your posts, you sure don't like having everything out in the open. Did I say Bryan or Bert did something shady? Bert, please post where I said you rigged it? Nope, I said to ensure that nobody thinks that, or questions it, why not have everything out in the open?

What is the problem?

You asked for suggestions, I am the one that said (after the league started) that if you are giving a point spot you should get the first serve. I also gave a suggestion to have the league payouts posted before the end of the league.

Thanks for running the league, Thanks for the GPS Navigator (that is what I bought with my winnings) so I don't get lost next time to LaCrosse.

Geeze, nobody give bryan or bert constructive critism. Next time ask for people to post suggestions, as log as they agree with you. :roll:

I'm done, money spent and I've moved on.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:05 pm 

jargon wrote:
You never answered the question. Why keep everything a secret? That was my suggestion not to. After a couple of posts, you put everything out in the open. By your posts, you sure don't like having everything out in the open.

This is good criticism, no one ever asked to see anything so we never showed it. This can be changed for the future.

Quote:
Did I say Bryan or Bert did something shady? Bert, please post where I said you rigged it? Nope, I said to ensure that nobody thinks that, or questions it, why not have everything out in the open?

In my post I was talking about the league party, not this post. And yes, your body languages and choice of words Thursday night surely suggested that you were leaning towards favoritism/rigging of the league. The two of us (bryan/myself) are not the only ones that felt that what was you were saying, as others brought it up later in the night.

Quote:
What is the problem?

The lack of courtesy and appreciation towards others, in my opinion. Hell, look at your first place photo from league night, that really says it all.

Quote:
You asked for suggestions, I am the one that said (after the league started) that if you are giving a point spot you should get the first serve. I also gave a suggestion to have the league payouts posted before the end of the league.

Geeze, nobody give bryan or bert constructive critism. Next time ask for people to post suggestions, as log as they agree with you. :roll:

Suggestions are always welcome, and we will be doing some of these things in the future.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:33 pm 

I'm tired of this.

Bert,

This isn't the first time, and I'm not the only person that has questioned your/Bryan's motives in the league.

An example (as this has been brought up in the open before) is what you did when there was NO rules regarding Subs. I had a sub, and you guys decided on the spot, a rule and a NEW handicap! I'm sure it was a coinsidence that I had to play Bert (who was in second place) that night.

That can be considered rigging the league. Your only response was, if you don't like it, don't play. I decided to play, you thought it was fine that you just made something up, because "I agreed to play". My sub was a better player, but not as a goalie, and like I said, there was no rules regarding subs until I needed one.

Just a sidenote, that this past league I had to play Bill and Erik. Erik couldn't play, so he got Chad as a partner. No offense to Erik but Chad is a better player and no handicap was adjusted. I'm sure it was just an oversight. :roll:

I'm not playing in the next league so I really don't care. I like you and Bryan and I would go golfing or play V-ball with you guys anytime. I just would think twice about playing foosball in something you guys are running as we don't see eye to eye on foosball. I'm not telling anyone to not play in your league or go to your touney's.

BTW
It seemed like it was a big deal that I didn't want to play in the DYP. I didn't think I needed to explain anything, but apparently I do. I didn't play because I had softball at 9pm and needed to leave.

Good luck with future leagues, and touneys.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:56 am 

Hey Jargon,

It seems to me that your the only one that is complaining..Or at least in my opinion.

Maybe its because your the only one with the balls to say something.? Or maybe its just your the only one complaining..?

However you stated that your not the only one who thinks the way you do.. Where are these other people, and why aren't they saying something..? Just curious

~~Yags~~

Happy Foosing

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:31 am 

Yags,

I'm not going to call out other people. I've emailed Bryan off the board and we at an understanding.

I'm letting it go and don't feel like dragging more examples or people up, and Bryan and Bert seem happy to let things go as well.

If you have a problem, go ahead and PM me, and we can deal with it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:35 pm 

jargon wrote:
My sub was a better player, but not as a goalie, and like I said, there was no rules regarding subs until I needed one.

Hey now, what are you saying about that guy??? I remember a forward not having a wrap and shooting about 10% that night. However the alcohol did impair my judgement so I'm really not even sure what I am talking about. Forget it :)

Brotz

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Moderators: bryanlouis, the bert Go to page Previous  1, 2