[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WisconsinFoosball.com • View topic - RESULTS! 2009 Fall League

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:47 am 

Here are your final standings! Great job everyone!

1. Bryan Louis / Amber Nooyen
2. Jay T/Donny T
3. Craig S/Bob L
4. Tyson A/Ben G
5. Brett N/Topher K
6. Charlie O/Brandon S
7. Jason "Yags" Y/Jessica E
8. Matt D/Pete D
9. Jake R/Bret P
10. Tony W/Joe M
11. Chad R/Brian M
12. Dave R/Dennis W
13. Zack H/Jake G

Let's give another big congratulations to this league's MVP and MIP winners!

MVP: Bryan Louis
MIP: Bob Lohlein

Regarding the party next week, February 18th...

5:30 - 7:00: Pickup games!
7:00 - 7:30: Free FOOD AND BEER will be served to all league participants
7:45 - Trophy presentation!
8:00 - 8:15: DYP STARTS

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:53 am 

Personally I want to thank those of you that continue to help Bryan and I run this thing week after week, from calling matches to keeping things moving slowly.

I think moving our start times to 7:00pm worked out good, we got in some good pick-up games until we could start league, and the early finish allowed for more pick-up games well into the night.

I don't think we could ask for a more fun group of foosers to run a league for, everyone has been very kind and courteous, and for that we are very thankful.

As Jay had previously posted, the talent in Green Bay is definitely increasing, and hopefully we can have a strong State showing in late May.

Congrats to my beautiful wife coming out of retirement to get her second consecutive league win... awesome job sweetie!

Lastly, I want to say thanks to Topher for playing nets for me, I really struggled this league for some reason, and for that I'm sorry... but you played exceptional and each week you got better and better. Great playing!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:55 am 

I also forgot to mention the results of the POLL:

This Spring League we will be taking every other week off, with the interim weeks being replaced with either a Roto DYP, B Player Singles, or most likely both.

Stay tuned to more on that....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:27 am 

BIG BIG thanks to Brett, Bryan, and everyone else who helped make GB Fall league happen! I had a blast! It gave me something to look forward to each week...a way to meet new people and get through a tough year without Teddy. Everyone has been so great to me, thank you all!

Special thanks to my partner Brett...thank you for taking me under your wing! I had a lot of fun and learned a lot playing with you. I don't look forward to facing you on the other side of the table. :wink:

I hope everyone comes back for Spring league!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:33 am 

...and congrats to Bryan and Amber on their win! Congrats to Bryan for MVP and to EVIL for MIP!! :D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 am 

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:11 pm 

(fine I'll repost it here :)

Thanks for running the League Bryan and Bert (mostly Amber, cause I seen her collecting most of the money:).

Had a good time other than getting rolled by Bryan and Amber every game we played them. I think everyone in the league had a good time, and for the first time since playing this league I seen players getting better each week throughout the league.

Also wanted to say thanks to Donny for playing with me, I think his play definately got better from beginning to end. With the exception of Bryan scoring 100% last night on him (not his fault I think Amber blocked me around 90%), he did great. I know I can be tough to play with and he did better than I thought he would. He didn't cry once (well not in front of me )!!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and Congrats to Bryan and Amber, the definately were the top team in the league.

My suggestions for next league:

1. Reduce the handicap on the top half (the top 5 or 6 teams were very competive and they don't need as big as a handicap as previous leagues). This is a direct result of teams getting better. However, I think the lower half of the league should continue to get the handicap they have been getting.

2. If you are giving a handicap, then you should flip a coin at the start for sides but the team without a handicap starts with the ball.

3. Be more strict with Bryan's Jarring

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:55 pm 

i love the lyric game, so much fun, i love farting during pick up games cause usually i play the nets and i suck at the nets and sometimes it gives me a advantage over the other team, we really do have the best bunch of foosers to play with every week, i love you all and will always be apart of my farts, love always EVIL

Offline Profile