[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WisconsinFoosball.com • View topic - Need a Head count for State

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:20 pm 

All I need is the Motel and the number.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:08 am 

It's not Bullseye. It me that's making the call. There is not even one preregistration yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 am 

It's not guaranteed money.. Why not have it anyway? Chicago is having a Wi state warm up, so you would think there was people coming from there as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:37 am 

If it is postponed and they do not refund your money then maybe you could talk them in to giving you a room for the future date?

Also because of the doubt if we are going to have state or not I would assume this has also postponed early sign ups for the same reason. Especially people from out of town that dont want the hassle of trying to get there money back from bullseye. It would be courteous of bulseye to extend the early signup rates through the weekend of state to encourage people to still attend, thats if it is still a go.

Just my opinion.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 am 

Teddy and I are planning to go.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:48 pm 

Well you haven't cancelled it yet so were still going. Yea the hotel is a non refundable stay. Make my life easy and have it. Haha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 pm 

What now?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm 

Yes it official. It's postponed. We had no sign-up as of this morning. Two had called today. Numbers are to low to have it at this time. We are going to reschedule for the end of the year. As for Yags. I'm still waiting for your Motel info. I also sent you a PM. I know foosers wait till the last second but there was nothing for sign up and few had posted on wifoos. I also did not get calls like I have in the past. Yags need your info please.

Myles
608-692-0342

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 pm 

Okay. I called the hotel and I had to call back tomorrow because a manager will be in for the refund. Ill keep ya posted.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:27 pm 

What a joke. Maybe running a state event should be left to someone else. How hard is it to run a foosball tournament? There never seemed to be too much of an issue with any of the Milwaukee tournaments I ran. Never seems to be too much of a problem with GB's spring tournament. Shit, Casey can run a good tournament in a garage! I mean, who cancels a state tournament a week before it happens? After people reserved hotels, took off from work, or (like me) wasted 300 bucks on a plane ticket.
Complete bullshit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 am 

No head count from Milwaukee. No head count from Greenbay. No head count from Appleton or Oshkosh.
No none nota entry forms filled out or calls. Thats right Zero. Why would we have 12 to 14 tables brought in and extra Payed help for the bar and Bullseye plus the bar opening Sunday just for us.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:16 am 

Instead of calling it complete B.S., I think we should thank Miles for his efforts in attempting to put a state tournament together after it became obvious that NO ONE else was willing or able to step up to the plate. There are very few people willing to run tournaments because:

a- there's no money in it and
b- the tournament director has to put up with a bunch of complaining

Except for Manitowoc, where foos is going strong, our sport is in rapid decline. Until we are able to reverse that trend, we will likely see fewer tournaments.

Rich P
Sheboygan, WI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:53 pm 

Head count ?!
sorry, but i haven't been on this site in over a month.
Now i need to signup on a forum before its even determined if the tournament is going to run. WTF

Now, whatever date is put up for WI State will never be taken seriously.

JJK

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:46 pm 

Your trying to tell me with no sign-ups and no interest in a Team event. Just a few people
saying they are coming we should just do it and see what happens. That's sound brilliant. I'm not sure if it's because leagues are done and/or players are not interested. You need some sort of indication of numbers to do that much work. Being up front and honest is better than having a disaster.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:59 pm 

Myles, thank youfor taking time to work with Bullseye to get a state event here in Madison. As we all know there is a lot of work that goes into getting an event like Wisconsin State Foosball tournement to be the better than the prior year. As we have read here in the forums in the past couple of years we have seen a decline in participation, and we all understand we need to get new players introduced to the sport and WIState is a good opportunity. We also understand there hasn't been the same response in "RSVP's" and it sounds like your expecting a lower turn out. That's going to happen if what has been posted here in the forums is true. If that is the case, can't we adjust the required resources necessary to complete a State tourney? Perhaps instead of 100 tables, we have 50 tables. If we can work with the bar so they don't over schedule Would that be possible? How many people do we "need" to have the tournement? I think more people have planned to attend than you think and to just cancel all of the sudden is a little harsh.

For what it's worth, Brad and I were planning on attending. I hope that addition will push us over the hump and we can still have it.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Moderators: bryanlouis, the bert Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next