[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
WisconsinFoosball.com • View topic - State Date changed. May 3rd, 4th, 5th

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 am 

I know its the first week of fishing. Thats the weekend Bullseye is free. We set a date and was waiting for conformation. Now we have it. We should have the format in a week or two.

Myles Bible

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:29 am 

What exact role are you depending on Bullseye for that you need their open weekend?

- Providing Tables?
- Running the Charts

If you can get tables any weekend, but you are looking for them to be free to run charts - I'm sure there are plenty of players (and software) that could help you with that so you don't feel pigeonholed into 1 single weekend.

If that's the only weekend they can provide tables... well then I guess it is what it is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 am 

Its a weekend that the Bullseye can run it. If you want to run it i think they would be open to it. Software would be nice. Call me 608-661-3015.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm 

I don't think I'll be able to attend personally, but what I was getting at is if you can find volunteers to run the events you don't want to, then that would open up your schedule quite a bit.

There may have been a few players who have already planned on the event being end of May, and with the date changing again I was worried you may lose those players.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 am 

With the potential Tournament date being less than 5 weeks away, I think it's best to pick a date and stick with it. If someone wants to volunteer to run the tournament (i.e. you run the brackets) on a different date, speak now or forever hold your peace....

Thanks for driving this effort Miles.

Rich

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:35 pm 

Date was getting confirmed as mentioned. Was not in stone as mentioned. First weekend works out the best. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Myles

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:10 pm 

So it will be the first weekend in May then right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:47 am 

Yes. It's set. Using 2011 format. If we are going to have A Team Event it will be Friday night or some other weekend. Look at it and let me know. I asked Bret to Make A State Schedule asap with some changes. We are charging $15 per person for each event. Info will be on the flyer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:47 am 

Sounds delicious

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:14 am 

Any updates on State? Flyer?

I think I've talked a couple more of the Manitowoc guys into coming down. Please, if you are thinking about going or not, invite younger players / beginners to come. Talk them into it. Many are worried they'll "get their doors blown off".

Explain that there's a "Beginner" class in both Singles and Doubles. They don't have to commit to the whole three days if they don't want. State is a TON of fun. Most everyone display good sportsmanship and you learn a lot on how to improve your game.

We need to nurture and grow the sport or it will die along with us....

Rich P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 pm 

Flyer still in the works... stay tuned

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 pm 

Anyone planning on going to this? I'd probably make the drive just to beat Myles' ass in some pickup games 8)

-Luke Brinkman

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:55 am 

You won't get that chance for me, unless you come a week earlier all the way over to GB for the bash! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:21 pm 

Flyer has been finalized and approved by Bullseye:

http://www.wifoos.com/_files/2013_WIState_Flyer.pdf

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:18 am 

I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning. Can't get there Friday for the team event/DYP. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

-Nick

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Moderators: bryanlouis, the bert Go to page 1, 2  Next